Benefits of water flossing
Water flossers, often referred to as oral irrigators, are devices that use a stream of water to wash away food particles and plaque from the spaces in between teeth and along the gum line. They have several advantages and can be a helpful supplement to our oral hygiene practice.
- Effectively eliminates plaque and food particles: Water flossers are efficient at removing plaque and food particles from between the teeth and along the gumline, places that are sometimes challenging to reach with traditional string floss.
- Reduces gum disease and tooth decay: Water flossers can help lower the risk of gum disease and tooth decay by eliminating plaque and food particles from the mouth.
- Gentle on teeth and gums: Water flossers are a fantastic option for those who have sensitive teeth and gums because they use a mild stream of water to clean the teeth and gums.
- Easy to use: People who find traditional string flossing challenging owing to dexterity concerns or braces may find water flossers to be a helpful alternative.
- Can improve overall oral health: Using a water flosser in addition to cleaning your teeth and using mouthwash can assist to enhance your dental health overall.
It's vital to remember that water flossers should be used in addition to normal tooth brushing and mouthwash, not as a substitute for either. To ensure appropriate cleaning and stop the development of bacteria, it's also crucial to adhere to the guidelines in the User Manual and replace the jet tips frequently.